Thursday, June 25, 2009

Finally, a day off

Most people start to get a little cranky after they've worked several days in a row without a day off in between. Sooner or later you reach that breaking point where every little annoyance rapidly adds up until you're completely insane, and once you've told a patient to take that prescription and shove it up his ass, there's no turning back.

I actually did not tell a patient to shove a prescription up his ass, because I am a Lovely CPhT. But that doesn't mean I didn't want to. By Day 8 I was so sick of dealing with people that I wanted to smash my head in the drive-thru drawer.

Here are some highlights from the past two weeks:

The girl in the drive-thru who freaked out when a wasp flew into her car. Believe me, it was very difficult not to laugh at a hysterical teenager screaming, "THERE'S A WASP IN MY CAR! THERE'S A WASP IN MY CAR!"

More drive-thru weirdness: the woman who put her window up while the pharmacist went to stock check her prescription. Yeah, I know it's hot out there, lady, but in order to efficiently serve our drive-thru customers, we ask that your window be in the OPEN position. You know, so you can HEAR US. It took about five minutes for the pharmacist to get her attention. I could not stop laughing.

Celebrating "Z-pak Day," "A/B Otic Day" and "Tylenol #3 Elixir Day," which were days when we seemed to have an unusually large number of prescriptions for these medications.
(Of course, we all know that every day is Vicodin Day.)

Three scripts for Mebendazole Chewable Tablets. God, what is it with all these kids getting worms?!

Giggling like Beavis and Butthead at patient's last names. Heh heh. Boner. Johnson-Love. Penis jokes are funny.

No comments: